Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/mrbcleague/public_html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php on line 582
MRBC League

MRBC News

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Feedback of MRBC Season 10.
Veteran Mechwarrior
From Darwin
Group:
BFM Site Admin
Affiliated Caster
MRBC Team Streamer
Temp
MRBC Team Leader
MRBC Referee
Please provide feedback on anything from season 10 you liked, hated or want to change?

The best way to give feedback would be to include.

Your team Name:
Region:
The Problem:
How it affects your team:
How would you change the rule:

We welcome any ideas to try in the next season of MRBC.

Posted on: 2018/5/16 23:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Feedback of MRBC Season 10.
Mercenary Recruit
Group:
MRBC Team Leader
So full disclosure, while I casted and participated in scrims this season I did not actually play any MRBC matches. Take that how you will. With that out of the way, some feedback:

I'd really like to see smaller divisions with a double round robin going forward.

The opportunity to replay gives the opportunity for teams to iterate and improve while also nullifying any map side biases. Obviously you don't want the season to go on too long, thus small divisions. This should also have the additional benefit of making it easier to place teams and limit the stomps. A smaller Div A for example would have pushed -42- and Swamp Foxes down and created a far more competitive Div B. Instead, we have teams going 2 for 23.

I'd like to see more Div A casts going forward. I think a big reason the lower divisions were so homogeneous this season is because of a lack of Div A casts showing them new strats. As is most teams just played a really awful, generic brawl game so even the close Div B and below casts were pretty dull. While yes, the timing of these matches is sometimes an issue there have also been plenty of times when a lower Div match was casted over a higher one.

As always I think the region lock really needs to be repealed. It's too late for AP but reinforcing the two remaining regions should be a priority. It's a shame too that the EU and NA communities are no longer as close as they were in the past.

And finally, I hope the gap between seasons isn't as long as it was this time. Fuck WC. These long breaks really aren't healthy for the community.

Posted on: 2018/5/18 5:32

Mercenary Recruit
Group:
MRBC Team Leader
Please provide feedback on anything from season 10 you liked, hated or want to change?

The best way to give feedback would be to include.

Your team Name: 79th Raptor Talon Cluster
Region: NA

- The 6 Week Season was the perfect Length
- Prefer Single Round Robin (More teams, more competitive).
- Posting Video was Good. Would like to do it with one Form.
- Would like 1-2 Weeks after Div and Draws to plan.
- Shorter period of time between Seasons.
- Schedule Season 11 in Sept.

For Season 11 I would suggest scheduling one starting the 2nd Week of Sept after Memorial Day in the US. July is vacation time in Northern Europe, August for NA and Southern Europe. BFW could then run late Oct - Nov.

EDIT:

It would also be nice if pilots could play between regions. We have 7 EU pilots in the unit that would like to get more into CompPlay, but they are having a hard time building and fielding a team. We have enough spare NA pilots to get them off the ground, and fill in to keep the team at 8 people.

Posted on: 2018/5/18 13:07

Edited by Geg on 2018/5/18 17:45:56
Edited by Geg on 2018/5/18 17:46:35

Experienced Mechwarrior
From usa
Group:
MRBC Team Leader
MRBC Team Streamer
Temp
Team Name: Clan WidowMaker
The Problem:
Time zone issues. We have players on the west coast and early matches prevent them from participating. 9:00 Eastern doesn't give folks time to commute home.
How it affects your team: Causes scramble to fill roles in earlier matches while trying to hold the spot available in case they are delayed.
How would you change the rule:
Start times moved to 10:00 Eastern in 1/2 hour increments
10:00 10:30 11:00
This is also tough since us old folks need our sleep!

Problem:
API is great, but incorrectly reports command mech being alive in drop 3, I've been manually fixing that throughout the season.

Enjoyed the changes for this season. I was worried about strike spam again this season but it doesn't seem to be an issue in our Div. Due to "THE ISSUE" in one of our matches I think a little more specificity about player eligibility might be useful just to avoid potential confusion.

All things being said our Div was fun, all the teams were great to drop with, and the league was as engaged and exciting as always.

Posted on: 2018/5/18 14:30

Veteran Mechwarrior
From Darwin
Group:
BFM Site Admin
Affiliated Caster
MRBC Team Streamer
Temp
MRBC Team Leader
MRBC Referee
As well as the Website, We have created a google form for feedback to answer some common questions and ideas asked this season.
Please be as brutally honest, keeping in mind feedback is best given as a problem and how you would change it.
https://goo.gl/forms/gy7fCnDBKhOlVesC2 - This is open to every players and spectator

Posted on: 2018/5/20 4:20

Mercenary Recruit
From Berlin, Germany
Group:
MRBC Team Leader
MRBC Team Streamer
Survey done.

Posted on: 2018/5/22 19:24

Mercenary Recruit
From CA
Group:
MRBC Team Leader
Your team Name: Z3TA

Note: I responded to the survey, but I'd like to modify one of my responses about team lock. I'm actually fine with players playing in other regions.

- I thought the season was a good length.

- I am super strongly in favor of the double round robin for the reasons about map bias mentioned above. I don't believe single round robin with more teams makes it more competitive, I believe the opposite. You never have more information about your opponent than when you face them a second time on the same map.

- Agree with Geg the video uploading should be streamlined. Make it a single page.

- Also would like more time between the draw being posted and the season starting. First week was a mad rush, particularly as this was our first MRBC season. Can see this as a smaller issue for those teams with experience.

- I said in the survey that I thought MRBC should wait until WC, but I've been convinced otherwise. The harm caused by delays between MRBC seasons is greater than the inconvenience to top teams to split time between WC prep and MRBC.

I'd be happy to see Season 11 start in another month or so. Holding off until Labor Day (September is Labor Day Geg, we just had Memorial Day!) would mean something like 4 months between seasons. That's an long time to go without competitive play for those not participating in NBT or WC.

Posted on: 2018/5/29 22:32

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]